The Best Free From Versatile Sweet Dry Mix – By simple adding your own wet ingredients to your The Best Free From Sweet versatile mix you can easily make low carb, keto, gluten free, yeast free, sugar free or grain free sponge cake, cup cake, Swiss roll, pancake, waffles, pie crust, cookies and more…
Sponge cake, cup cakes or Swiss roll recipe
Dry Ingredients: 1 bag The Best Free From Sweet Dry Mix 250 gr
8 medium size egg (at room temperature).
Vanilla extract / you can leave it out.
3 tablespoon milk of your choice/ I use unsweetened almond milk 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
Tips: to make a chocolate sponge simply add 3 tbs of unsweetened cacao powder to your dry ingredients and add an extra egg to your batter.
- Preheat the oven 170C / degrees and line a 23 centimetres / 9 inch springform cake pan with baking paper or fill your cup cake tray with cup cake cases or use a large silicone baking mat or baking paper to inline your baking tray for Swiss roll.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar until foamy, creamy using an electric.
- Pour your The Best Free From sweet mix into a large bowl and stir it until fully mixed.
- Add half of your egg mixture to your dry ingredients with the almond milk and mix it with a stand or hand mixer until fully combined.
- Add and Fold in the rest of the beaten egg mixture. Fold as gently as you can to preserve the air and create a fluffy sponge.
- Gently spoon half of the mixture in to the prepared cake tin to bake the first layer of your cake once one layer is baked repeat with the other half of mixture to bake your second layer.
- or pour all your mixture into your lined baking tray for Swiss roll.
- or Into cupcake cases.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. 12-14 minutes only if your mixture is spread out thin for a Swiss roll. Remove and allow to cool on a wire wrack. See here how to roll your Swiss roll sponge base.
- Once cool fill your cake with the filling of your choice.
- Or top your cupcakes with frosting of your preferences.
Pie crust ( for a 9 inch pan)
Dry ingredient: The Best Free From sweet mix
1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, or ghee
1tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Line the bottom of a 9 in (23 cm) round pie pan with parchment paper, or grease well.
- In a large bowl, mix your sweet mix
- Mix in the melted butter, eggs and lemon juice until well combined. The “dough” will be dry and crumbly. Just keep mixing, pressing until it’s all fully combined (Alternatively, you can use a food processor to mix it all together.)
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Carefully poke holes in the surface using a fork to prevent bubbling.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden. (Add fillings only after pre-baking.)
Pancakes or waffles
Dry ingredient : The Best Free From sweet mix
Wet ingredients :
4 medium eggs, 3/4 cup warm milk of your choice, 1/4 cup (50gr) of melted butter ( dairy free butter or coconut oil) Ps: I melt the butter and almond milk together, only warm it up do not overheat Your butter needs to be melted to get a nice batter
- First mix your The Best Free From Sweet mix until it’s fully mixed ( no lumps of ingredients)
- Beat the eggs until light and foamy
- Then add your milk and butter mix to your dry mix and mix with a hand or stand mixer until fully combined
- Add your beaten eggs and whisk it for a minute at least
- Combine fully
(Or just simply put all ingredients into a blender, Run it until combined, about 30 seconds. Let the mixture sit for a minute.
Warm a skillet over medium heat. Use butter, ghee or coconut oil to grease the pan before each pancake. Make small, 3″ pancakes. Cook them covered by a lid most of the way on one side, about 2 minutes on low heat ,flip and cook for another minute. Use the same batter for waffles.
Grease your waffle maker before each waffle otherwise they will stick).
Cookie base. Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dry ingredients :
The Best Free From versatile Sweet Mix
300gr sugar free dark chocolate
1/3 cup melted unsalted butter (75gr)
2 tbsp coconut oil melted
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
2tbsp milk of your preferences ( I use unsweetened almond milk)
- In a medium size bowl mixes your dry mix.
- In another medium size bowl mix all your wet ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 180C . Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix your dry mix. Set aside.
- Beat together your wet ingredients.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Add 300 gr of sugar free chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll 2-3 TBS (depending on how large you like your cookies) of dough at a time into balls and press them down to make them about 1 cm thick,, these aren’t going to spread much and place them evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 10-12 minutes. Take them out when they are just BARELY starting to turn brown.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
You can also make coconut, lemon, hazelnut, cinnamon, ginger etc or any other flavour by simply adding any of these instead of chocolate chips, different measurements for different flavours
Not the same quantity though